Monday, April 9, 2012

Backyard Reno Update

It was just over a month ago that I posted about the awesome plan we created for our own little backyard oasis in the middle of West Texas.




Was it really only a month ago? It seems like this has been going on f.o.r.e.v.e.r.




I guess its partially my own fault... I tend to have a little bit (okay, maybe a lot) of an obsessive personality, so tend to throw myself into whatever things I am doing at the time until they become all-consuming. It is being all-consumed with too many things at once that oftens leads to a migraine, but that's a whole other post all together.




Over the past month we have made quite a bit of progress on the yard. Still no hot tub delivery, but we spent one weekend cutting out grass, leveling the yard and building concrete forms, the next actually pouring the concrete and setting pergola posts, the next building a flowerbed out of retaining wall block and finally this past weekend we were busy beginning construction on the hot tub pergola.




Wow. No wonder we have seemed so busy! On the plus side, my tan is already looking quite stellar (at least compared to how ghostly white I was before!)

Here are some pics of the progress so far!






No comments:

Post a Comment